This page aggregates the most recent federal information on home test kits and masks provided to health centers and provides a mechanism to submit resources, templates, and sample documents.
As part of the HRSA COVID-19 Testing Supply Program, HRSA-funded health centers, Health Center Program look-alikes, and Medicare-certified Rural Health Clinics are invited to order free, FDA-authorized COVID-19 at-home self-test kits for distribution at no cost to patients and communities, especially populations at greatest risk from adverse outcomes related to COVID-19.
- Interested in receiving testing supplies through this voluntary program? HRSA sent out email communications to all health centers in December 2021 providing additional information regarding the registration and ordering process.
- Find FAQs about the HRSA program here.
As Part of the HRSA Health Center COVID-19 N95 Mask Program, eligible health centers can elect to participate and will receive N95 respirator masks from the Department of Health and Human Services Strategic National Stockpile for free distribution to patients and people within their communities.
Just-In-Time Federal Resources
- Start Here: The White House’s “Path Out of the Pandemic” COVID-19 Action Plan’s section on “Increasing Testing and Requiring Masking.”
- Access Resources for Your Health Center Here: For updates on the HRSA COVID-19 Testing Supply Program see recent issues of the Primary Health Care Digest (“BPHC Bulletin”).
- Share Instructions and Resources on Home/Self-Testing with your Communities: The CDC COVID-19 Self-Testing page includes information to share with patients and communities on when to consider self-testing, how to use self-tests, what to do with a positive or invalid result, and instructions for repeat (serial) testing. Additional print resources are also available at a fourth-grade reading level (some in Spanish).
- How to Properly Put On and Take Off a Disposable Respirator: Resource from CDC in English and in Spanish.
Health Center Materials
Call for materials: The Clearinghouse is looking for outreach/TTA materials, operational samples, and templates that you may be developing for your patients and populations. If you are a health center, HCCN, PCA, or other National TTA providers, please send us your promising practices, dissemination plans, reporting protocols, community outreach materials, and similar documents. We will add these field-generated resources to the Clearinghouse so other might benefit from your innovations.