This page aggregates the most recent federal information on home test kits and masks provided to health centers and provides a mechanism to submit resources, templates, and sample documents.
As part of the HRSA COVID-19 Testing Supply Program, HRSA-funded health centers, Health Center Program look-alikes, and Medicare-certified Rural Health Clinics are invited to order free, FDA-authorized COVID-19 at-home self-test kits for distribution at no cost to patients and communities, especially populations at greatest risk from adverse outcomes related to COVID-19.
- Interested in receiving testing supplies through this voluntary program? HRSA sent out email communications to all health centers in December 2021 providing additional information regarding the registration and ordering process.
- Find FAQs about the HRSA program here.
Just-In-Time Federal Resources
- Start Here: The White House’s “Path Out of the Pandemic” COVID-19 Action Plan’s section on “Increasing Testing and Requiring Masking.”
- Access Resources for Your Health Center Here: For updates on the HRSA COVID-19 Testing Supply Program see recent issues of the Primary Health Care Digest (“BPHC Bulletin”).
- Share Instructions and Resources on Home/Self-Testing with your Communities: The CDC COVID-19 Self-Testing page includes information to share with patients and communities on when to consider self-testing, how to use self-tests, what to do with a positive or invalid result, and instructions for repeat (serial) testing. Additional print resources are also available at a fourth-grade reading level (some in Spanish).
- How to Properly Put On and Take Off a Disposable Respirator: Resource from CDC in English and in Spanish.
Health Center Materials
Call for materials: The Clearinghouse is looking for outreach/TTA materials, operational samples, and templates that you may be developing for your patients and populations. If you are a health center, HCCN, PCA, or other National TTA providers, please send us your promising practices, dissemination plans, reporting protocols, community outreach materials, and similar documents. We will add these field-generated resources to the Clearinghouse so other might benefit from your innovations.