This resource brief provides a selection of current, high-quality resources about Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
These resources provide preparedness information for primary care providers, as well as answers to frequently asked questions. These resources also address the needs of special populations that can be vulnerable to the spread of COVID-19, including unhoused populations and the elderly.
About the Issue
Due to the rapid global spread of the virus, the COVID-19 outbreak has been classified as a pandemic by the World Health Organization and a national emergency by the White House.
Health centers play a vital role in the national response to the COVID-19 virus, in part by making patients aware of COVID-19 preventive measures and determining if patients need COVID-19 testing. Health centers also coordinate with state and local health departments as part of emergency management planning. And by continuing to provide primary care to their patients, health centers can also relieve congestion in hospital emergency rooms that may become crowded with patients seeking care for COVID-19 infections.
Highlighted Resources from the Clearinghouse
Emergency Management and Operations
Special and Vulnerable Populations
All Resources from the Clearinghouse
The clearinghouse actively collects focused resources on this topic. You can view all resources within the clearinghouse related to COVID-19 here.
Partner COVID-19 Resources
Many of our NCA partners have developed online resources about COVID-19 or released statements about their response to the pandemic. Click on an organization name below to see resources, blog posts and statements on the outbreak.
- Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations (AAPCHO)
- Association of Clinicians for the Underserved (ACU)’s Star Center
- Capital Link
- Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC, Inc.)
- Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH)
- Farmworker Justice (FJ)
- Health Information Technology Training and Technical Assistance Center (HITEQ)
- Health Outreach Partners (HOP)
- MHP Salud
- Migrant Clinicians Network (MCN)
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
- National Center for Equitable Care for Elders (NCECE)
- National Center for Farmworker Health (NCFH)
- National Center for Health in Public Housing (NCHPH)
- National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership (NCMLP)
- National Health Care for the Homeless Council (NHCHC)
- National Network for Oral Health Access (NNOHA)
- National Nurse-Led Care Consortium (NNCC)
- School-Based Health Alliance