Training the Next Generation within Primary Care
Resource Topic: Workforce
Resource Subtopic: Development/Training, Leadership, Recruitment and Retention.
Keywords: Education of - Staff (e.g., Competency-Based), Hiring, Integrated Care, Job Descriptions, Partnerships, Recruitment and Registration, Retention in Care, Staffing and Onboarding, Team-Based Care.
Year Developed: 2022
Resource Type: Archived Webinar
Primary Audience: Administrative Staff
Board of Directors
C-Suite (CEOs, CFOs, CIO, COOs, CMOs, etc.)
Community Health Center, Inc.
(See other resources developed by this organization).
Resource Summary: This webinar discussed the various avenues of workforce development including:
• training non-clinical roles
• the value of an administrative fellowship
• the key questions to ask before establishing a fellowship at your agency
The discussion referenced CHC Chief Operating Officer Meredith Johnson and CHC Project Manager Megan Coffinbargar’s publication “Establishing an Administrative Fellowship Program: A Practical Toolkit to Support and Develop Future Community Health Center Leaders” for the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC).
Resource Details: Panelists:
• April Joy Damian, PhD, MSc, CHPM, PMP, Vice President and Director of the Weitzman Institute, Community Health Center, Inc.
• Megan Coffinbargar, MHA, Project Manager, Optimizing Virtual Care Initiative, Community Health Center, Inc.