NTTAP Webinar: Integrating HIV Education
Resource Topic: Emerging Issues, Special and Vulnerable Populations, Workforce
Keywords: Education of - Staff (e.g., Competency-Based), Hiring, LGBTQ, Opioids, Recruitment and Registration, Research, Retention in Care, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), Staffing and Onboarding.
Year Developed: 2022
Resource Type: Archived Webinar
Primary Audience: Administrative Staff
Board of Directors
C-Suite (CEOs, CFOs, CIO, COOs, CMOs, etc.)
Community Health Center, Inc.
(See other resources developed by this organization).
Resource Summary: This webinar discussed how to educate Nurse Practitioners who have completed Community Health Center. Inc’s NP Residency or NPs who have significant experience as a Primary Care Provider on the integration of specialty care for key populations, including:
• HIV care
• Hepatitis C management
• Medication-assisted treatment for opioid use and other substance use disorders
• Sexually transmitted disease (STI) screening and management
• Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual (LGBTQIA+) health, including hormone replacement therapy and gender affirming care.
Resource Details: Panelists:
• Charise Corsino, MA, Program Director, Nurse Practitioner Residency Programs, Community Health Center, Inc.
• Marwan Haddad, MD, MPH, AAHIVS, Medical Director, Center for Key Populations, Community Health Center, Inc.
• Jeannie McIntosh, APRN, FNP-C, AAHIVS, Family Nurse Practitioner, Center for Key Populations, Community Health Center, Inc.